This is just a short email to get everyone up to date.
- The May 2 outdoor casting clinic is postponed till next week May 9. 7-9 pm as usual but behind (opposite side of the pond) the Ernie Radbourne Pavillion in Muskoseepi Park.
- I’ll confirm wed if the space is still free for some fly tying.
- ACA has asked us to do some fishing “for science” at the crosslink pond. They need us to catch 10 fish for them. i’m heading there sunday, if you want to go let me know and we’ll set a time.
- May 11-12 Moonshine Lake, AB
May 18 day trip Swan Lake, AB
May 30 Crosslink Pond, Clairmont AB
- Most lakes are open now and some of the bigger ones should be turning over in a couple weeks when they start warming up. Expect a couple days of no fish biting and some winter kill washing up. This is normal seasonal activity. https://www.nationalgeographic.org/media/lake-turnover/
- If you didn’t renew your license do it online https://mywildalberta.ca/. i always do mine online and print off 5-6 copies to stick in my truck, wallet, fishing vests\hat, back back. This way i always know i have my license with me. Don’t forget to sign yours as well.
- We have created a members only facebook page and web page (www.pcflyfishers.org) and will be sending this information to our current (and some former) members in the next week or so. These will only be accessible to paid members.
- If you are looking to buy or sell gear let me know and we’ll see if we can put together a swap meet or a facebook buy\sell section.
- A listing of ACA stocked lakes is here and they update it when a lake gets stocked. https://www.ab-conservation.com/programs/fish/aca-stocked-lakes/?fbclid=IwAR1vnW4XZVCLdfOR2L59NmnQ_cUK29qAWOXwRr64Wc3MifCwHVGK_qJYteI
- The AEP stocked lakes can be found here https://mywildalberta.ca/fishing/fish-stocking/stocking-reports.aspx?fbclid=IwAR1H1-7x8wEXN3ZkTM8eZfyIauLtAbXo9STxY2m0RaXWmZNFsJBBpRbKaxw
- There’s still some bulk flys at Primetime, Golden Guns and Tackle, and Trapper Gords if you don’t tye your own. There’s nothing at CDN Tire.
|Primetime Hunting, Fishing & Pawn has a couple spots still open for the May 25 PAL and May 26 RPAL courses. These include the exam.|
http://primetimehunting.ca/ 11312 98 Avenue, Grande Prairie, Alberta Phone: 780 832 0666
I stopped by Golden Guns and Tackle in Beaverlodge and wanted to give everyone an update that they have fly line, tippets, and bulk flys ($1 each, 75% cheaper than CDN Tire).https://www.goldengunsandtackle.com/
Shop local and support your neighbours!
Hey all just a quick shout out that the club will have a booth at the GP Sports Expo at Evergreen Park this weekend.
Friday, April 5th, 2019 – 4pm to 9pm
Saturday, April 6th, 2019 – 10am to 6pm
Sunday, April 7th, 2019 – 10am to 5pm
I’ll have more exhibitor passes available if you’re free anytime to cover the booth (i’ll be there pretty much all weekend). We will also be doing a mini casting clinic\demo if anyone is available for that (time tba). This would be a quick demo and explanation of different casting techniques and beginner tips.
I’ll do the setup Thursday evening so I won’t be at that meeting. Anyone want to lead the meeting or does everyone just want to do some tying?
Indoors Casting Clinic at the Clairmont Sportsplex (7407-108st Clairmont). Thursday March 14. This is free for current club members and $10.00 for non-members (to help cover the cost of the rental). Several club members will be available to give hands on instruction on basic casting techniques, or help to increase your distance and accuracy. Bring your gear or use some of the rods we will be providing (let us know if you will need to borrow a practice rod). If i can get some volunteers to assist it’ll be appreciated.
We are also looking to do a free outdoor casting clinic at Muskoseepi Park in May. We’ll keep you posted.
March 21 NO MEETING
And a reminder that we should be looking at putting events in the club calendar for the next few months. this was last years ,with the closest dates this year. Except for the Two lakes and Pierre Greys lakes trips these are open to anyone who would like to come along or meet up there.
I’m up for putting more BC and Two Lakes area river trips in here if you have suggestions or up for a hike.
arpril 13 swan lake
april 27 moonshine
may 4 casting clinic MuskPark (date may change)
may 11-12 moonshine
may 18 snipe
may 25-26 stoney\figure 8
june 1-2 one island
june 8-9 two lakes (club members and family)
june 15-16 sulfur\twin lakes
june 22-23 spring lake
july 6-7 kidscancatch (location tbd)
july 13-14 pierre greys lakes (club members and family)
august 10-11 stoney and sulfur aug
oct 5-6 figure 8 lakes