This is just a short email to get everyone up to date.
- The May 2 outdoor casting clinic is postponed till next week May 9. 7-9 pm as usual but behind (opposite side of the pond) the Ernie Radbourne Pavillion in Muskoseepi Park.
- I’ll confirm wed if the space is still free for some fly tying.
- ACA has asked us to do some fishing “for science” at the crosslink pond. They need us to catch 10 fish for them. i’m heading there sunday, if you want to go let me know and we’ll set a time.
- May 11-12 Moonshine Lake, AB
May 18 day trip Swan Lake, AB
May 30 Crosslink Pond, Clairmont AB
- Most lakes are open now and some of the bigger ones should be turning over in a couple weeks when they start warming up. Expect a couple days of no fish biting and some winter kill washing up. This is normal seasonal activity. https://www.nationalgeographic.org/media/lake-turnover/
- If you didn’t renew your license do it online https://mywildalberta.ca/. i always do mine online and print off 5-6 copies to stick in my truck, wallet, fishing vests\hat, back back. This way i always know i have my license with me. Don’t forget to sign yours as well.
- We have created a members only facebook page and web page (www.pcflyfishers.org) and will be sending this information to our current (and some former) members in the next week or so. These will only be accessible to paid members.
- If you are looking to buy or sell gear let me know and we’ll see if we can put together a swap meet or a facebook buy\sell section.
- A listing of ACA stocked lakes is here and they update it when a lake gets stocked. https://www.ab-conservation.com/programs/fish/aca-stocked-lakes/?fbclid=IwAR1vnW4XZVCLdfOR2L59NmnQ_cUK29qAWOXwRr64Wc3MifCwHVGK_qJYteI
- The AEP stocked lakes can be found here https://mywildalberta.ca/fishing/fish-stocking/stocking-reports.aspx?fbclid=IwAR1H1-7x8wEXN3ZkTM8eZfyIauLtAbXo9STxY2m0RaXWmZNFsJBBpRbKaxw
- There’s still some bulk flys at Primetime, Golden Guns and Tackle, and Trapper Gords if you don’t tye your own. There’s nothing at CDN Tire.